Diversity, Equity, And Inclusion
Our purpose at Neighborhoods.com is to help everyone find a place to call home. Home can mean so many different things, but to us it’s the place where you can be your true and authentic self, surrounded by people who both challenge you and support you through thick and thin.
Our purpose becomes clearer when our team is representative of the people we aim to serve. We uphold fair housing standards in everything we do and celebrate our team’s diversity of race, color, ability, beliefs, gender, family status, and national origin.
At Neighborhoods.com, we support diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. Here are some of the ongoing initiatives we’ve taken to put our beliefs into action.
- Monthly open forums and weekly pulse surveys for leadership to listen to employees’ concerns.
- Benefits which cover the variety of needs of our employees and their families.
- A Lean In Circle group to discuss the unique challenges faced by women in the workplace.
- Unconscious bias training and other education programs for everyone on the team.
- In-depth interview training for team members involved in any part of the hiring process.
- Interactive and informative Lunch & Learn events.
- Actively seek a diverse slate of candidates for all roles.
- Review hiring analytics by demographic on a quarterly basis to find out where we need to focus efforts and make adjustments.
Additionally, here are some of our community outreach Initiatives:
- Support the mission of Habitat for Humanity Chicago through financial and volunteer efforts.
- Provide mentorship for youth through My Block, My Hood, My City’s Explorers program
- Collect toys, books, and clothing for various neighborhood organizations across Chicago.
Neighborhoods.com is an equal opportunity employer of people from all different backgrounds, ethnicities, races, colors, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities/expressions, and ages. We strive to foster an inclusive environment that is comfortable for everyone. We will not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind.