- What information we collect from or about you
- What we use your information for
- In what ways we may disclose your information to other parties
- The kinds of security measures in place to protect against loss or misuse of your personal information
- What cookies are, and other forms of tracking that may be in use on the Website
- Other privacy policies to which you may become subject when you use the Services
- How you can access, update or delete your Personally Identifiable Information
What information do we collect from or about you?
We refer in this Policy to two types of information: Personally Identifiable Information (sometimes referred to as "PII") and non-Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally Identifiable Information refers to any information that can be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate you. Examples of Personally Identifiable Information include a name, physical address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, or a credit card number.
Neighborhoods.com collects only the PII that you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you register to use the Services, set up a profile, create content or complete a form to request more information about a home or neighborhood from a Partner Agent.
You might also be asked for, or choose to provide, additional information about yourself that does not, itself, specifically identify you. This is non-Personally Identifiable Information. However, some information of this kind, such as your age, gender, geographic location may be required (or merely requested) when you register for the Services, and may be associated with your PII.
Neighborhoods.com may also automatically collect other types of non-Personally Identifiable Information as you use the Services, including technical information (such as your IP address, mobile device ID, or browser type) and usage information (such as location data, preferred language, the parts of the Services you have visited, which links you have clicked and other information about how you interact with the Services). This information is anonymous, and is not associated with your PII, although it may be associated with other pieces of anonymous information about you.
What do we use your information for?
Your Personally Identifiable Information may be used in one of the following ways:
- For the purpose of fulfilling requests for more information submitted by you to Partner Agents regarding homes and neighborhoods.
- We do not sell or distribute your information to other outside entities or third parties.
- Any Personally Identifiable Information you provide during a call through the Calling Service may be transferred to a Partner Agent for the purposes of customer service or quality assurance.
- To contact you regarding your account. These communications may include notices regarding changes to our policies, service updates, account management procedures and customer service transactional messages.
- To e-mail you newsletters or tips about how to use the Services and inform you of updates about homes or neighborhoods you have favorited.
- When you complete forms to request more information about a home or neighborhood from a Partner Agent, you will have your request displayed on the Website at the time of your inquiry. Information entered into the request form by you is transmitted to the designated Partner Agent for the subject neighborhood or property listing.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information may be used in one of the following ways:
- To enable us to generate aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction.
- To customize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs).
- To make improvements to the Website and Services
- To inform potential partners and advertisers about the size and characteristics of our audience
Do we disclose any information to other parties?
Neighborhoods.com does not sell or trade your Personally Identifiable Information to outside parties.
We may disclose Personally Identifiable Information, including to local, state, or federal law enforcement officials, when we believe in good faith that the law requires such action, or when required to do so by order of a court or other compulsory legal process. We may also share Personally Identifiable Information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or to prevent harm to the Website.
We may use or distribute information about you and your use of the Services in ways that do not reveal Personally Identifiable Information. For example, we may provide anonymous usage data or summary characteristics of our audience to potential partners and advertisers or post such information on publicly accessible areas of the Website.
How secure is your personal information?
The security of your data is very important to us. We store your information securely, using industry-compliant encryption technology. When you enter sensitive information on our web forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Cookies are small files that a website or one of its service providers transfers to your computer's storage device via your Web browser (if your browser is configured to permit this) that enable its systems to recognize your browser and store certain information. We use "cookies" to collect information and improve our Services. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your local device. We may use "persistent cookies" to save your ID and password for future logins to the Service. We may use "session ID cookies" to enable certain features of the Service, to better understand how you interact with the Service and to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing on the Service.
Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to your computer, and can only be read by a web server of the website that issued the cookie to you.
Depending on your web browser, you may have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers default to accept cookies but enable you to configure settings to decline them. For further information about disabling cookies you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other features of the Services that depend on cookies. Neighborhoods.com maintains internal logs of usage of the Services. Logs include information such as IP (Internet Protocol) address, browser type and version, and computer operating system.
Neighborhoods.com uses logs mainly for internal systems administration and diagnostic purposes, and to detect improper use of the site. Logs may also be used to generate aggregate, non-Personally Identifiable Information for advertisers or other third parties.
Other privacy policies to which you may be subject
Occasionally, we may include links on the Website to external websites. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies and terms of service, which will govern the use of any Personally Identifiable Information that you provide. While Neighborhoods.com is not responsible for the use of your information by third parties, we nevertheless seek to protect you and the integrity of our Website, and we therefore invite your feedback about these sites.
How can you access, update or delete your Personally Identifiable Information?
All account settings can be changed from account dashboard. This includes reviewing and changing Personally Identifiable Information, setting e-mail preferences for non-account related e-mails, cancelling or deactivating your account.
Administrative and account-related communications are necessary to ensure we provide you with the highest level of service, therefore if you have registered an account with the Services, you are not permitted to opt out from receipt of these communications, except in that event that you cancel your registration for the Services entirely.
New types of marketing communications might be added from time to time. You can unsubscribe by following the instructions contained in the messages you receive.
Anonymous information relating to your past usage of the Services may remain in our archived records after your account has been deleted, and any content that you have contributed to the Services will remain visible to the same extent as if you maintained a registered account with the Services. If you wish to have all information that you have posted to be deleted, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make reasonable efforts to honor your request.
What if you have questions that are not answered here?
600 W Fulton St. Ste 700
Chicago, Illinois 60661
Last updated: April 9, 2018